Over the past year, the volume of stock trading apps has exploded, especially among young Aussies. New research from Investment Trends has shown that of the Australians who have traded for the first time in the past 12 months, one in every six is under the age of 25.
While each trader may be at different stages of their investing journey, one thing is certain: having the best platform or application under your belt is important.
So, whether you’re new to investing or wanting to expand your current portfolio, we’ve hand-picked some of this year’s standouts for regular and active traders. Have a look at that!
1. CMC Markets Stockbroking Mobile App
On your mobile device, our stock trading app offers all of the features of the CMC Markets complete website. CMC Markets app is one of the best stock trading apps. All order types, including conditional and linked orders, are available for purchase and sale with a click from your mobile device. You can also monitor your current positions and order history, as well as market depth and up-to-date charts, as well as your watchlists and portfolios, using the app.
The CMC Markets mobile platform also offers the latest news and feedback from the marketplace and is available on iPhone and Android devices.
- $0 Global Equity Brokerage. CMC charges no commission for trading shares listed in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany or Japan.
- A wide range of order types. You may place, purchase and sell orders, modify and cancel orders, and use conditional and related orders to manage your investments.
- Stock Market and specialist information. CMC Markets offer users a wide range of valuable investment information to help you make sound trading decisions.
- Personalize your own watchlists. Watch lists can be easily created and edited to monitor equity performance.
- Experienced traders will benefit the most from this strategy. The CMC Markets platform is intended for expert traders and may be too difficult for new investors to understand.
2. IG Trading app
IG is also one of the free stock trading apps in Australia and has a number of free trading apps that are designed to provide you with the greatest mobile trading experience possible on a variety of devices. Each of the following devices has its own app: iPhone, android mobile, Windows phone, iPad, Android tablet, and Windows tablet.
- It is available for free download. The Instagram app is entirely free to download and try out.
- It makes use of indigenous designs. You can get a version of the app tailored to your smartphone or tablet’s operating system by downloading it.
- The app is updated on a regular basis. The app is updated on a regular basis in order to enhance your trading experience.
- This is not a good investment for a casual investor. The IG app caters to active traders rather than casual investors.
NABTrade is a trading platform that allows you to trade, another significant bank that has entered the online stock trading sector, provides consumers with a very intuitive experience. Clients can buy and sell shares through their smartphone using the Australian investment app, which also allows them to place contingent orders and view current prices, market depth, and charts.
- Nabtrade is trusted by 10,000+ clients
- Nabtrade doesn’t charge inactivity fees
- Nabtrade doesn’t charge deposit fees
- Nabtrade doesn’t charge CFD fees
- Nabtrade does not offer Negative Balance Protection
- Nabtrade does not offer Guaranteed Stop Loss
- Nabtrade charge withdrawal fees
- Nabtrade doesn’t trade major forex pairs.
The ANZ investment app, which focuses primarily on ASX shares and insights, is a fantastic place to start for people new to online investing in Australia. ANZ Share Investing app allows you to find, discover, and manage global investment opportunities. The program has improved trading tools, charting, and research to assist you in making sense of Australian stock investment. If you’re thinking about investing online, ANZ is a simple and straightforward way to get started.
- Trade the entire ASX
- 19 international stock markets
- Access to Australian IPOs
- Invest in professionally managed mFunds
- Simple mobile transfers through the app
- Very expensive commissions
- Only accepts bank transfers
- Mobile app doesn’t allow trading or analysis
- Real-time price data costs extra
- Advanced trading platform costs extra
5. CommSec app
The CommSec free trading app lets you use your iPhone, iPad, or Android smartphone to access the CommSec share trading platform. You may use the app to buy and sell stocks, as well as see and trade livestock prices and set watchlists to track company performance.
- It is available for free download. People with CommSec Trading Accounts can download the CommSec app for free.
- The software allows you to establish watchlists and track the performance of several stocks.
- There is no monthly cost. The Australian shares account has no inactivity or subscription fees.
- Place your order. You can place buy orders right from the app, so you don’t have to leave it.
- Fee for brokering. The brokerage fee charged by CommSec isn’t the cheapest in the stock market, especially if you’re intending to make trades for more than $1,000.
- Shares that are traded internationally. International share brokerage is among the most expensive on the market, and there is also an annual inactivity fee.
- Only Apple and Android are supported. The app isn’t available on phones or tablets that don’t have the Android or iOS operating systems.
This content should not be construed as a recommendation for futures, stocks, ETFs, CFDs, options, or any specific provider, service, or offer. It is not intended to be used as investment advice or as a source of recommendations of any sort. Trading in futures, equities, ETFs, and options carries a high risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Trading leveraged CFDs and forex carries a larger risk of losing money quickly. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Before making any deals, think about your own situation and get professional guidance.