The wide-ranging investment on the Blockchain technology is expected to cross a whooping 15.9 billion USD by 2023 as per Developers Stats. Blockchain technology and blockchain programming languages is regarded as the most disruptive technology of 2020, second only to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Blockchain is indeed a disruptive technology as the time passes by we can witness revolution in the application field. Let’s see some of its diverse fields: cross-border payments, healthcare, apparel, agriculture, edtech etc. Howbeit, bitcoin remains the most famous example of blockchain technology.
Developed by a group of experts under the name of Satoshi Nakamoto, bitcoin is the most secure cryptocurrency using blockchain. The high security of blockchain technology may seem esoteric, but surprisingly the technology itself is congruous with trending programming languages that include C#, Java, Python, etc.
What is Blockchain?
Blockchain is a kind of distributed ledger technology that offers an optimum level of security for the stored data making it nearly improbable for anyone to hack or cheat the system. Being a form of distributed ledger technology, it has the following characteristics:
- Each participant of the distributed network has access to the ledger.
- Data once saved over the network can neither be modified nor reversed, which makes it immutable.
- Each piece of data in the network gets time stamped.
- The participants of the network are anonymous as far as the validity of records is concerned.
- Data gets encrypted.
- The technology is programmable.
This is a concise definition of blockchain. Let us now focus on the programming languages that are effective for blockchain.
Here’s the top 10 programming languages that are best suited for developing blockchain programming applications.
C++ is very popular in the technology world and this is true for Blockchain technology also. C++ is popular for blockchain because of its versatile inclinations like move semantics, primitive control over memory, advanced multi-threading, and other object-oriented features like function overloading, runtime polymorphism, etc.
These varied OOPS peculiarities of C++ enable Blockchain developers to effortlessly mold data and functions together in a single module, just like Blockchain molds the blocks with cryptographic chains. C++ is also popular in Bitcoin (Blockchain technology), a cryptocurrency. The first-ever implementation of Blockchain was originally written in C++.
Python is becoming a popular programming language in the world day by day and if you are an amateur in Python, then it is the best Blockchain language for you. The only problem with Python is that it is an interpreted language and that creates some fix for complex cryptographic operations in Blockchain. Still, Python is an object-oriented language that helps in managing many of its performance-related overheads. Another benefit of Python is that developers can prototype their ideas quickly with any long-winded coding required. Python also has huge open source support which makes it ideal for Blockchain. There are many Python libraries, plugins, and other resources available online for almost every problem you can encounter in Blockchain development.
Python is taking its place among popular programming languages in the world and if you are an amateur to Python, then this is the best Blockchain language for you. The only problem we encounter.
When in the process of learning blockchain language, if you get doubt like- is python good for blockchain, or is it going to help you in the long run, well, clear your doubts and go ahead with Python.
Python is the best programming language for Blockchain development created by Dutch Programme is relatively a modern programming language for newbies coders due to its simple syntax and is often used by reliable mobile app development companies for Blockchain apps.
Designed by James Gosling at Oracle Corporation et al., Java appeared 25 years ago. Java is a renowned official language for android app development and is an excellent choice for backend development of blockchain applications. When planning an extensive mobile application using blockchain, Java is a preferred choice for many developers.
Prominent advantages of Java that makes it an ideal choice for blockchain application are as follows:
- As Java is static, so it makes the maintenance of code a piece of cake for anyone.
- Code portability and flexibility is possible by using the Java Virtual Machine.
- Availability of a large number of Java libraries offers a pluggable architecture to the developers.
- Java is a recommended programming language for Ethereum blockchain which involves cryptocurrencies.
Here’s why you must want Solidity once it involves blockchain development.
- It got created keeping blockchain in mind, therefore it proves as a developer-friendly language for blockchain development.
- It gets thought-about as a reliable alternative for developing a digital platform that needs self-enforcing business logic or sensible contracts.
- It comes with static writing, which suggests the code doesn’t get compiled till it becomes error-free. It saves time and ensures the sleek development of the project.
Rust could be a multi-paradigm artificial language designed for performance and safety, particularly safe concurrency whereas Rust is syntactically like C++ one issue that it will guarantee is memory safety by employing a borrow checker to validate references.
As per the survey, Rust has been Stack Overflow’s most loved language for consecutive four years. Impressive, isn’t it? This immense quality shows that people who have had the chance to use Rust have fallen soft on with it.
Go has been designed and developed at Google by Henry M. Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson. The language is very versatile and straightforward to be told, that makes it compatible with Blockchain, Big Data, Machine Learning, etc. Offering high quantifiability and optimum speed performance. Go may be a statically typewritten programing language and prove its value within the following ways:
- It is syntactically the same as C, which suggests veteran Blockchain developers will simply comprehend the code.
- It comes with memory safety which suggests the app is safe from software bugs once accessing the memory.
- Its readability, additionally as usability, is analogous to Python and Java, that ends up in high quantifiability and higher speed performance.
Designed and developed by Microsoft Corporation the C# programing language got free as a substitute for Java. It’s AN ASCII text file, object-oriented programming language. Being the same as Java and C programming language, it gets thought-about as a decent variety for blockchain development. When you select C# programing language for app development, you’re entitled to the subsequent benefits:
- Being AN ASCII text file language, it proves to be an economical choice.
- Code movableness is feasible, that facilitates cross-platform development of AN app.
- High performance of the ultimate product is probably going as C# is AN object-oriented programming language.
- The language is syntactically similar as C++ and Java, which makes it easier for loving blockchain programmers to interpret and modify it.
It is widely glorious for adding interactive parts to net applications and browsers. Most front-end developers like JS. However, the Node.js runtime provides considerably additional options than simply front-end development
Created by Russell O’ Connor, Simplicity may be a high-level Blockchain cryptography language that hit the market in November 2017.
The Simplicity programming language is predicated on Hedera helix and works with a Haskell-like syntax that makes cryptography easier and effective. Besides, it’s extremely mathematical in nature and makes the codeline human-readable. attributable to that, it’s extremely used for developing good Contracts and blockchain solutions that job with each Bitcoin and Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
Developers making good contracts for the RChain cooperative ought to use Rholang, a message-passing language with a classy, behavioural typing system for standardizing the contract flow. Elaborate contract terms are negotiated and enforced through a contemporary kind mechanism.
Contracts are such as as a group of channels carrying messages signifying milestones within the negotiations. The channels will fork and be a part of therefore sections are expressed in parallel.
The languages most acquainted to programmers UN agencies relish useful languages like Haskell.
These are some top programming languages that are best suited for developing blockchain programming applications. The above-listed Blockchain Courses are created to form the learners efficient enough in handling the various verticals of blockchain technologies. You’ll become dexterous enough to engage with business executives and offer effective solutions for their specific needs. Furthermore, these training programs will help you acquire the right skill set needed to become a blockchain expert.