Brave Browser—Ready to give tough time to Google Chrome

Brave Browser—Ready to give tough time to Google Chrome
Brave Browser

The ever-changing landscape is the only reality in the technology ecosystem. Every next-gen technology challenges existing technology, no matter how efficient and popular the existing technology is. Like ‘Brave’ browser, an open source Chromium-based browser is likely to take on global giant Google, which has about 2 billion users in terms of speed, secure browsing, and quick navigation. But still, the market of mobile apps is pretty much strong so Google Play store has nothing to fear right now. Thus, mobile app development companies will have to work on the same ecosystem for now.

The unique selling point (USP) Brave browser is offering that it automatically blocks third-party ads and cookies. Additionally, it offers to pay users when they click and see a promoted or partnered ad in a secure way. It has a unique model of advertising which is more user-focused. According to it, 70 percent of the earned revenue will load who load and view the ads, and the remaining 30 percent will go the browser’s developers.

Technically speaking, Brave browser is taking its inspiration from the ad blockers Ghostery and uBlock Origin, and rebuilt its algorithms and boost speed up to 69 times. The company has even claimed that they are reforming an online advertising system which companies have made invasive and unusable for users.

Browser’s founder Brendon Eich said that “Brave Ads remove intermediaries that exploit user data and thrive on surveillance, and instead offer a consent-based system,”. Well, Brendon Eich is also a co-founder of Firefox browser.

Initially, Brave was launched for iOS back in 2018, but now it is available for Android, macOS, Windows, and Linux, which is a big plus for mobile app development companies. 

“Brave” automatically blocks any third-party trackers. Additionally, it can block third-party cookies, block scripts and has secure HTTPS protocol everywhere whichever website you browse. Another feature which differs Brave from Chrome is that its servers allow you to customize privacy settings which is not the case with Chrome. It implies that servers don’t see or store your browsing data.

The browser also enables you to see how many ads and trackers are being blocked on a daily basis. Currently, the founders of Brave are working to integrate cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Ledger, and Trezor in their browser. If this happens, it will surely add to its popularity amongst netizens.

Well, no one can be certain on the future of brave browser, but its promising features and user-friendly interface will surely give a tough time to established Google Chrome. Still, if you have some questions  on Google Chrome stability and the applications of Brave browser, talk to our expert web team at Mobcoder.

Have a project in mind?